Feb 27, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
- VirtualBox 4.3.8 (released 2014-02-25)
- VMM: more work on improving the emulation of certain MSR registers (e.g. bugs #12224, #12544)
- VMM: fixed a VERR_INVALID_RPL Guru Meditation when booting certain guests (bug #11350)
- VMM: experimental support for SSE 4.1 / SSE 4.2 passthrough, see the manual for more information how to enable it (bug #8651)
- VMM: fix for recent Linux kernels with software virtualization
- GUI: experimental HID LEDs synchronization for Windows hosts, see the manual for more information
- GUI: warn the user if the Oracle Extension Pack is not installed and the user tries to activate the remote display feature (bug #9104)
- GUI: make sure that a minimized guest (using mini toolbar in fullscreen/seamless mode) keeps the minimized state (bug #12199)
- GUI: popup banner's "do not show this message again" check-box replaced with corresponding button
- GUI: network adapter cables can now be connected/disconnected directly through the running virtual machine Devices / Network menu a Network status-bar indicator
- GUI: the new VM wizard now proposes 64-bit guests on 64-bit hosts by default; better distinction between 32-bit OS types 64-bit OS types (bug #12533)
- GUI: better error message if appliance import fails (bug #12657)
- GUI: allow to set host-combination to 'None' using the Global settings / Input page (bug #12730)
- GUI: don't switch the guest to a black screen during online snapshot merge (4.3 regression)
- VBoxManage: when exporting an appliance, support the suppression of MAC addresses, which means they will be always recreated on import, avoiding duplicate MAC addresses for VMs which are imported several times
- AHCI: fixed a VM hang during suspend under certain circumstances
- AHCI: fixed a VM hang during online snapshot merge under certain circumstances
- AHCI: fixed a bug which resulted in Windows XP guest hangs if a SATA CDROM is attached (bug #12417)
- AHCI: fixed a Guru Meditation under certain conditions
- AHCI: ejecting a CD/DVD medium failed under certain conditions
- AHCI: disk hotplugging fixes
- NAT: transparent handling of host sleep/resume and network configuration changes if the dnsproxy is enabled or if the hostresolver is used (bug #12441)
- NAT: fixed crash and misbehaviour under some circumstances with ICMP packets having TTL=1
- NAT Network: fixed IPv6 reassembly
- NAT Network: ping proxy implemented
- OVF: fixed reading of the OVF 0.9 section element (4.3 regression; bug #12345)
- OVF: several fixes
- 3D: several fixes, multiscreen fixes (e.g. bug #9124)
- 3D: include 3D content in captured videos (bug #12666)
- 3D: include 3D content in captured screenshot (bug #11758)
- VGA: proper handling of legacy graphics modes if the Guest Additions are active (bug #6649)
- USB: fixed crash during isochronous transfer under rare circumstances
- BIOS: better disk geometry handling of SCSI drives
- API: fix crashes in Java API clients using the XPCOM binding, happened with output parameters only (bug #11232)
- VBoxSVC: documented the handling of host power management events (see the manual for more information) and added an extradata item for configuring the handling of the battery-low event (bug #9925)
- VBoxSVC: fixed a bug which could trigger a crash if a VM snapshot was restored the second time and the VM has associated bandwidth groups (bug #12569)
- VBoxSVC: properly detect ifconfig if located in /bin (bug #12713)
- Shared Folders: fixed a failure to restore transient shared folders when starting a VM from a saved state (bug #12578)
- Mac OS X hosts: fixed issue when the application icon was frozen in the dock if the bridging interface was not connected to a network (bug #12241)
- Linux hosts: also consider the physical package ID when determining the number of physical CPU cores
- Linux hosts / guests: don't warn in kernel log if memory allocation fails (bug #11171)
- Solaris hosts: fixed the autostart SMF script (bug #11720)
- Windows hosts: fixes for non-ANSI code page user names and similar environment contents (bug #12596)
- Windows hosts / guests: fixed setting and using a guest user's process environment variables (relevant for Guest Control)
- Windows Additions: fixed handle leaks in VBoxTray (bug #12563)
- Windows Additions: fixed a crash while detecting active guest users
- Windows Additions: fixed restoring backed up D3D files on XPDM -> WDDM upgrade
- Guest Control: fixed setting and using a guest user's process environment variables
- Linux Additions: support Enterprise Linux 6.5 kernels (bug #12505)
- Linux Additions: fixed CPU hot-remove on newer Linux kernels
- Linux / Solaris Additions: don't automount a shared folder which is already mounted
- X11 Additions: support X.Org Server 1.15 (bug #12623)
This is a maintenance release. The following items were fixed and/or added:
- v4.11.4619 (25 Feb 2014)
- Added Opera 15 and newer Startup item management.
- Added File content duplicate detection to File Finder.
- Improved Drive Wiper SSD detection.
- Added Torch Browser support.
- Added File Finder upper file size threshold.
- Optimized Firefox Profile Startup items detection.
- Improved Scheduler language support (Professional only).
- Improved Google Earth, Winamp, MusicMatch Jukebox, Windows Live Messenger, Free Download Manager and Internet Download Accelerator cleaning.
- Minor GUI Improvements.
- Minor bug fixes.
Feb 21, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 17, 2014
Feb 14, 2014
Feb 13, 2014
Feb 11, 2014
Feb 7, 2014
ChangeLogChanges between 2.1.2 and 2.1.3:
* Fix broken behaviour with SOCKSv5 proxies
* Fix integer overflow on error when using vlc_readdir
* Fix DVB-T2 tuning on Linux
* Fix encrypted DVD playback
* Fix v4l2 frequency conversion
* Fix numerous issues (M2TS, VC1 interlaced, Lagarith, FFv1.3, Xvid)
by updating codec libraries
* Bring fluidsynth back on Mac OS X
* Fix some Opus crashes with some filters
* Fix teletext crash on Windows
* Avoid an infinite recursion in MKV tags parsing
* Fix an issue with some Vobsub tracks
* Fix missing samples at the end of some wav files
* Fix divide by 0 on ASF/WMV parsing
* Fix audio device selection via command line on Mac OS X
* Fix audio crashes on Mac OS X
* Fix selection of DirectDraw as the default output for XP
* Fix transform off-by-one issue
* Fix screensaver disabling on Windows outputs
* Fix DirectDraw device enumeration and multi-display output
* Fix a potential crash when playing a fullscreen game at the same time as VLC
* Fix 24bits audio MTU alignment in RTP
* Fix record file names
* Fix minimal size possible on start
* Fix a crash with the simple volume widget
* Fix a crash in the audio menu building
* Fix multimedia keys issues on Windows
* Fix opening of DVD and BD folders on Windows
* Fix album art display on Windows
* Update of Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, German, Modern Greek,
Spanish, Basque, Finnish, French, Scottish Gaelic, Galician, Hebrew,
Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Nepali,
Dutch, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian,
Sinhala, Slovak, Slovenian, Swedish, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian
and Simplified Chinese translations
* Fix encoding for Windows installer translations
- v2.17.898 (06 Feb 2014)
- Added New Statistics tab.
- Added Intel, Plextor, Micron and OCZ SSD optimization.
- Added progress information to tray tooltip.
- Improved time remaining calculation.
- Enhanced Freespace Defrag procedure.
- Improved memory usage.
- Optimized benchmarking algorithm.
- Added Indonesian translation.